I’m guessing by now you would be wondering what exactly we mean when we mention the word Turf Seat and just like its name sounds, it is a rustic garden bench which low growing plants that form a mat or it is covered using grass. Based on some historic findings, the turf seat is unique structures that were used in medieval gardens so the lords and ladies can get to seat on them. This article would show you easy steps you can use in making a turf seat in your garden so we encourage you to continue reading this review to learn a thing or two.
Interesting Read – How To Revive Vegetable Garden
Turf Seat Information
The construction of turf seat first began with the use of several materials like woven reeds, brick, stone, woods, branches and twigs as well and based on the turf seat information that we have gathered, these seats or benches were most times designed to have a rectangular shape. However, some fancy turf seats were designed to either be curved or circular. Arbors and Trellises in some cases were added to turf seats and sometimes vining plants or climbing roses were added to make them more beautiful.
The placing of turf seats were carried out strategically based on the circumference of the garden or as a point of attraction in the garden and if you are still on this page then you should be figuring out ways that you can get to make a turf seat in your own garden. The truth is it isn’t as difficult as it might sound but with the right planning and also with the right kind of information then you are likely to get it all right. We urge you to continue reading this review as we show you the easiest ways and steps on making a turf seat in your garden.
Trendy Post – Growing A Thai Pepper Plant
Making A Turf Seat In Your Garden
There are lots of ways that anyone can practice or indulge in when it comes to making a turf seat in your garden but one thing that you should learn to make good use of at this point is your imagination and also learning to work with all the materials that you have presently at hand. Take for example, you can make use of an old pallet to start designing and that isn’t a bad idea and with all these being said, here are some quick and easy steps that you can try out when making a turf seat in your garden;
- A rectangular frame should be constructed using bricks, stones or woods and it should have a typical size of 36 X 24 X 24
- This frame should be constructed in a sunny spot that has a dependable source of water such that when constructing this bench is done, removing it becomes impossible
- If you want to make a turf seat using twigs and branches then you should try out materials like willow or witch hazel while the wooden stakes should be driven about one feet into the ground. The branches should be well soaked so as to make them soft while the branches and twigs should be weaved between stakes and using nails to hold them secure. For this frame to be hold soil then it should be constructed to be solid.
- The already constructed structure should be lines using plastic then about four inches of gravel or stones can be placed at its bottom. You can make use of soil in filling up this bench right to its top and watering should be done lightly while working then you can move on to leveling its surface.
- Watering should be done lightly and continuously till the soil becomes firm and if you are sure that the frame has become well compacted and sturdy then the framing can be removed easily and carefully
- At this point your bench is ready so you can go on and start planting grass on the sides and at the top depending on what you actually want. Small strips of sod is one of the best ways you can get to accomplish or achieve what you truly want and we also advice that you add a little amount of fertilizer so the plants can get off to a perfect start
After taking all of these steps, one last thing that you should not forget is never to sit on the turf seat unless you are sure that the grasses are well established and it usually takes about some weeks for them to get fully established.
Related Post – How To Grow Butterfly Vines