Mosquitoes are annoying creatures; as to what their purpose is other than leaving your skin swollen, itchy and irritated, the only god knows. In other countries, mosquitoes are often part of their daily lives.
Some are so used to having them around that killing them is not even a problem anymore. However, if you live in a country where you rarely see mosquitoes then mosquito infestation can be a problem.
Best Mosquito Killer – Buying Guide And Recommendation
They are just downright nasty! And if you are having this problem in your home or backyard then you need to get rid of them, fast! What do you do?
The best way to get the rest of these pests is to find the best mosquito killers you can get your hands on.
Interesting Post: Best Weeding Tool
Why kill mosquitoes?
Besides the fact that mosquitoes are irritating, it is a must to kill them once and for all. This is because mosquitoes carry deadly diseases that could kill even a grown elephant. Among these diseases include the following:
- Yellow fever
- Dog heartworm
- Louis Encephalitis (SLE)
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE)
- LaCrosse Encephalitis (LAC)
- Western Equine Encephalitis (WEE)
- West Nile virus
- Zika virus
If these illnesses scare you then you better get rid of those mosquitoes! Now, if you are looking for the best ones to get or if you have no idea what kind of mosquito killer to buy then let this article be your help.
10 Best Mosquito Killer to Purchase Today
Killing mosquitoes before they can spread is important. This way you can avoid getting sick because of a simple mosquito bite or worse. There are plenty of mosquito killers in the market and you can choose from a wide variety of options. Here are the top five in our list:
If you are a fan of machines that can zap mosquitoes dead then this is your product. Aspectek created this wonderful product not only to kill mosquitoes but also to other flying insects that may cause harm.
It is designed to instantly kill any flying insect that may come in contact with the machine. It is chemical-free so you don’t have to worry about a bad odor coming from it. It can cover about 6,000 square feet and the collection tray can be washed after use.
- It is ideal for kitchens, homes, workplaces and hospitals.
- It does not use any chemicals to kills mosquitoes and insects.
- It’s affordable.
- It requires little maintenance so you don’t have to worry about cleaning it even if you forgot to do so for a while.
- It’s portable so you can bring it anywhere.
- It has a protective cage so animals and children can avoid accidents in case they come in contact with the machine.
- It is designed with a powerful electronic grid that will kill any insect the moment it comes in contact.
- It has a removable collection tray that you can wash.
- It has a buzzing noise; not too quiet compared to others.
- Customers complained that it works for other insects but not much for mosquitoes.
If you are a practical shopper and want something effective in getting rid of mosquitoes then this is the product for you. This insect fogger is as effective as the ones used by professionals so it saves you money from hiring someone to do the job for you.
It can instantly kill not only mosquitoes but also other insects that may bite and cause harm. Designed to last for about 6 hours, this product is easy to use and can treat up to 5,000 square feet of your yard in less than 10 minutes.
As soon as the fog disappears, everyone can enter the premises. It is powered by propane which makes the fogger portable and compatible with 14.1oz tall or 16.4oz short-size propane cylinder.
- It’s very easy to use.
- It kills mosquito in a matter of minutes.
- It’s portable so you can carry it anywhere.
- It provides you with fine mist when sprayed.
- It can last up to 6 hours.
- Customers complained about how the sprayer stopped working after a few uses.
- Some of the parts fall apart after a few months.
Trending Article: Best garden Hose
Another great product for getting rid of mosquitoes comes from QM. This product is very effective in killing mosquitoes as it attracts the insects to its light source.
When the mosquito is close to the light, the airflow then inhales them into the mosquito storage net as designed inside the product.
It’s also safe to use and produces no smell or uses no poison/chemicals when killing mosquitoes. It is also designed well so cleaning is easy. It also uses light saving materials so you can save energy while this is in use
- It’s environment-friendly.
- It’s easy to use as all you need to do is plug it in.
- It’s safe to clean and assemble.
- It uses low power but is very effective in getting rid of mosquitoes.
- It does not produce any odor or uses chemicals to kills mosquitoes.
- It is made from durable materials.
- It has 180 days of money-back guarantee to its customers.
- It’s a bit expensive compared to other mosquito killers in the market.
4. EcoSMART Organic Mosquito and Tick Control
For those who are looking for organic or natural ways to kill mosquitoes without using harmful chemicals, EcoSMART offers their organic mosquito and tick repellent that comes in a spray bottle.
This product is a good choice for those who are looking into safe mosquito sprays to use around their homes. Not only that, but it’s also safe to use around children and does not cause any harmful side effects to your pets.
- It is made with non-toxic ingredients.
- It’s safe to use and does cause any irritation to your children or pets.
- It’s organic so it’s safe for the environment.
- Customers have complained about this product “not working” even if they have followed the instructions.
- It cannot cover 3,000 square ft. of spraying as advertised. They also complained that the bottles are empty in less than 5 minutes of use.
5. Insect Killer & Electric Bug Light Zapper
For those who are on a tight budget but in need of a good mosquito repellent then this is the product, you should check out. This product is designed to be useful in getting rid of mosquitoes but safe to use around your babies.
It’s great for your kitchen, basement, garage, and other areas of the house. It contains no harmful chemicals and is non-toxic so it’s safe for children and pets.
- No harmful chemicals.
- It uses UV lights and fans.
- It’s easy to clean and maintain.
- It’s built to be durable and heavy-duty.
- It can be used overnight and anywhere you like.
- The UV lights are not replaceable so you might have to buy a new one in case it breaks.
- Customers also complained that it does nothing for mosquitoes or it does not work at all.
6. ZAP IT! Bug Zapper Twin Pack
The number of people that have tried making use of the Zap-It electric bug and zapping racket and have ended up giving some positive reviews is one of the reasons why we find this product worthy of making our best mosquito killer list.
It is also very good to listen to people’s advice when they are talking about a particular product and there have been lots of positive reviews regarding this mosquito killer product.
Just one swing of this Zap-It racket would easily take care of several bugs and mosquitoes and this also tells you how powerful this racket is. It can also be charged as it comes with a USB ultra-fast charger which makes it easy to find a charger that is compatible.
This racket comes with an LED light which makes it a good option for use especially at night time while its indicator light informs users when it is on and ready for use.
Safety is one of the core features of this racket as it features a triple safety layer that protects the hand even when it comes in contact with this racket while it is electrified.
- Has earned several positive reviews
- Can be charged and used easily
- Comes with a powerful grid
- Also has an LED mesh
- There are reports of this racket having isolated short circuits
7. Thermacell MR150 Portable Mosquito Repeller
The reason why we love this product is that we found out it is effective and has a smart design.
In addition to that, this product also has no toxic smell of DEET which actually makes one comfortable around it.
Its effectiveness is quite massive as its spray spreads down to about fifteen feet which is why it is a good option for use in camping tents, small rooms and other small spaces.
This isn’t a messy mosquito repeller and it also doesn’t cause any potential hazard like fire just like smoke coming from a candle.
This product works more effectively in spaces with fewer items and here is the main thing about this product, every of its purchase has a cartridge and a refill that would last for only twelve hours.
This is where its major problem is because one has to be constantly shopping for refills. However, this product has worked for over a thousand users based on the reviews we have got and if it could work for so many then constantly shopping for refills shouldn’t be much of a problem.
- Has no DEET or toxic scent
- Doesn’t leave a mess behind
- Works effectively in a fixed area
- Constantly requires refills
8. Thermacell Bristol Mosquito Repellent
If you are quite sensitive to odors and you need something ideal to chase mosquito from your home then this product right here is one that has the necessary features that you are looking for.
It is quite ideal because it has no bad or foul smell or DEET. DEET is actually a powerful but harmful insect repellent which has been proved to have a negative effect on humans.
This mosquito repeller would protect an area of about fifteen feet which also makes it the right option for use in small rooms and spaces while its bulb is also an energy-efficient bulb.
Based on the fact that this product has no smoke or open flame, it is considered to be safe for not just the kids but the entire household.
One more interesting feature of this product is its lantern that has a decorative and attractive bronze design.
- Doesn’t cause a mess
- Has a good looking design
- Doesn’t produce any harmful or toxic scent
- There are reports claiming that the lantern doesn’t stay on for long
9. Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer
While searching for the ideal mosquito killer for outdoor use, the FLOWTRON BK-15D electronic insect killer is one of the best products that come to mind.
This product right here is one that comes fully equipped to cover at least half an acre of land.
It is important that we inform our readers that this isn’t the type of mosquito killer that you make use of under shed or indoors but it is only suitable for outdoor use.
Some features that we love about the FLOWTRON BK-15D electronic mosquito killer is its nonclogging killing area as well as its plug while its 15watts bulb means that it would shine continuously for a long period of time.
It is quite friendly as it doesn’t contain pesticides or toxic chemicals while its ultraviolet light grid is effective in attracting tons of mosquito and eliminating them.
- Designed to trap numerous amount of mosquito
- It features octenol attractant that makes it quite effective in attracting traditional mosquito
- Traps mosquitoes easily
- It doesn’t come with a stand
- Its power cord is quite short
10. Eliminator Indoor Plug-in Mosquito and Fly Trap
We would be rounding up our best mosquito killer review with the awesome Redeo Mosquito and Fly Trap and the main advantage that users would benefit from making use of this product is it totally eliminates the need of making use of pesticides and insecticides in ones home.
The Redeo Mosquito and Fly Trap are one that can be completely relied upon to keep homes free from mosquitoes, flies and bugs.
It actually features a double electrical zapper which works by attracting mosquitoes and bugs to its ultraviolet field and eliminates them just by making use of its high voltage grid.
This is an effective way of eliminating mosquitoes and from user reviews, they are considered to be compact, quiet and also have plastic protective cases which also makes it look good.
- This is a chemical-free way of killing mosquito
- Its LED lights are soothing
- Functions using a non-irritant and quiet system
- This isn’t as effective outdoors as it is indoors
Mosquitoes are harmful and if you can avoid getting bit then by all means do so. With the growing number of mosquito-related diseases, it is always better to prevent them than cure.
Don’t ignore just a bite or simply because you are used to having mosquitoes around. The best way to go is to get rid of them once and for all.
With the wide variety of mosquito killers in the market today, you can definitely get one and protect your home from the harmful diseases that mosquitoes bring.