One tool that specializes in making angle cuts is the miter saw and it is also the right kind of tool that can be used in making window casings, crown moldings, picture frames and other types of cuts that cannot be made using the regular kind of saws.
Any woodworker or handyman knows the importance of having a miter saw as part of their workshop tools and with this fact being said, finding the right miter saw that would match your needs and budget isn’t an easy task. That’s why you have this best miter saw under $200 review at your disposal today.
Best Miter Saw Under $200 – Buying Guide And Recommendation
To make this job easier for you, we have put together ten of the best miter saw under $200 for you and you can trust that these miter saws which we have reviewed would save you some stress as the saws here would make precise and accurate angled cuts as well as saving time when working. Here we go;
Best Miter Saw Under $200 Review
1. Hitachi C10FCG Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
Our best miter saw under $200 review is kicked open with the Hitachi C10FCG compound miter saw which is one of the lightweights and best miter saw that fits the two hundred dollar budget category and the benefit of being lightweight is this is the type of user which users would find quite easy to carry along or transport.
It comes with a motor of about 15-amp which is responsible for the production of about 5000 RPM which makes it simple for the Hitachi compound miter saw to make simple miter cuts as well as crosscuts.
Having a 0 to 45 degrees bevel leverage towards its left is also another impressive feature of the Hitachi C10FCG 15-amp compound miter saw and the advantage of its bevel leverage is simply to help in obtaining or achieving accurate and clean bevel cuts.
For all carpenter or woodworker who aims at attaining versatility, reliability, accuracy and precision while working then this is simply the best tool they can settle for.
- Delivers impressive cuts when cutting through aluminum material
- Produces lots of power
- The lightweight feature makes transportation easy
- Cheap material production affects the durability
2. DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw, Single Bevel, Compound (DWS715)
The next product we want to take a look at is designed by the famous DEWALT company which we all know is quite reputable for its production of high quality and dependable tools.
This DW715 12-inch single bevel miter saw from the DEWALT company is one designed to be powered by a 15-amp motor which in turn generates about 4000 RPM which is one thousand RPM’s lesser than the previous product we just talked about. This in turn makes this tool durable as well as ensuring it provides power for a long period of time.
Now, there are two solid features that make this DEWALT DW715 12-inch miter plate rank higher than other miter saws in its category and these two features are a cam miter lock and a miter detent plate which is made using quality stainless steel material. These two features are responsible for providing durability and accuracy repeatedly as well as making adjustments easy.
Just like the previous miter saw we talked about, this tool right here is built to be lightweight and thanks to its carrying handle, this is another portable and reliable miter tool perfect for a two hundred dollar budget.
- Features a sturdy construction
- Long-lasting built
- Delivered in a torn box
3. Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
Weighing about 26.5 lbs, this miter saw right here is yet another lightweight miter saw that would perfectly match a two hundred shopping budget and despite the fact that this is a lightweight tool, it is built to perform impressively and thanks to having an aggressive design, it is one that is considered as the best option for professionals.
This is however the second Hitachi Metabo product that has made it to our review and that tells you how reliable the brand is.
The Hitachi C10FCH2 10 inch miter saw comes with a powerful 15 amp motor, a Hitachi laser marker system as well as a horizontal handle that is designed to reduce vibration and these are some of the features that make this miter saw the best for carpenters and woodworkers.
Coming at a great price and also having impressive and great features is just the best way to describe the Hitachi Metabo C10FCH2 1o inch miter saw and lastly, this tool right here is used in providing accurate crosscuts and miters regardless of what surface it is working on.
- Best choice for professionals and beginners as well
- Features a quality construction
- Doesn’t wiggle while in use
- Poor product delivery
- The company failed to honor the warranty
4. Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
If you have been in search for that quality miter saw which would make easy and simple miter cuts as well as making bevel cuts of about 45 degrees towards the left then the Genesis GMS1015LC 0-inch miter saw is the best tool to carry out such work and it is one that is also suitable for carrying out compound cuts when working on picture frames, shadow boxes, crown molding and more. This is one best versatile and inexpensive miter saw tools on the market.
What most users love about the Genesis GMS1015LC miter saw is its laser guide which makes cuts more, precise, accurate as well as ensure quick alignment and it also leaves you informed on where a cat would be even before time.
This makes cutting tasks simple and other necessary accessories that the Genesis GMS1015LC miter saw comes with include AAA batteries, a blade wrench, extension wigs, a dust bag, a hold-down clamp and an already installed carbide blade.
- The company is customer-oriented and cooperative
- Makes angled cuts look easy
- Nice laser guide design
- Feels heavy
- Its clamping needs to be improved on
5. Delta Power Equipment Corporation S26-263L Slide Miter Saw
Our next product is the Shopmaster brand and this is one miter saw that is built to be reliable and also affordable. This is a 10-inch saw that comes with a three-year warranty and just like the previous miter saw that we talked about, this tool right here also comes with a laser guide that already keeps you informed on where the next cut would lie.
What users also love about the Shopmaster 10 inch miter saw is its dust collection bag which ensures that your work area remains neat and not filled with dust from the woods.
Being lightweight is also another advantage that this miter saw has as it simply makes working with this tool very easy. Being lightweight permits users to move from one room to another while working with this tool without worrying about hand pain or fatigue.
One feature which is rarely seen in other miter saws is the spindle lock which makes sure the spindle is tightly held when bad nuts are removed or loosened.
- Its performance is top of its class
- Perfect for home use or for beginners
- The lightweight feature makes work simple and easy
- Built to be accurate
- It bends to one side while in use
6. CRAFTSMAN V20 7-1/4-Inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit
Up next is the CRAFTSMAN V20 sliding miter saw which features part of a V20 cordless system and this miter saw comes with a powerful motor that is capable of generating about 3800 RPM which makes it perfect for cutting two times dimensional baseboards, hardwood, lumber wood as well as trimming woods with ease.
Being lightweight just like other miter saws that we have talked about is another feature of this CRAFTSMAN miter saw.
Asides from being lightweight, this miter saw also comes with side carrying handles that contributes to its portability and here is also another interesting aspect of this miter saw which customers are impressed with, it features an LED light which makes sure that shadow is eliminated as well as ensuring that an easy cut and accurate line is provided which makes cutting easy.
This tool also comes with a three-year warranty therefore proving that this is one tool that would last longer and eliminate the need of searching for a replacement sooner.
- This is a complete kit as it comes with a charger, dust bag, battery pack, allen wrench, board clamp
- Features a cordless design
- Lightweight and compact
- The best for doing it yourself projects
- Portable and accurate
- None for now
7. SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw
If you are a do it yourself kind of worker and you have been searching for a powerful miter saw then you should set your sights on the SKIL 3821-01 quick-mount compound miter saw and this isn’t just a miter saw but a complete package which comes with extension rails, a quick-mount system as well as a powerful and reliable motor.
Its laser-cut line is one that users would be impressed with as it is important for obtaining accurate and fast cuts.
Having nine positive stops makes it easy to set common miter angles and thanks to having a powerful motor of about 15 amps are capable of providing up to 4500 RPMs. We would not forget to mention its table extension design with right and left extension rails which makes it perfect for working with large and long workpieces.
Lastly, its quick-mount system also makes setting up the SKIL miter saw easy and quick.
- This is a compound saw that guarantees getting the job done
- Its laser-cut guide helps in obtaining straight cuts with ease
- Accurate and quick
- Easy to adjust
- Easy to setup
- Its angles are not precise
8. Evolution Power Tools R255SMSL Multi-Material Compound Sliding Miter Saw
The Evolution Power Tools R255SMSL 10-inch compound miter saw is next on our best miter saw under $200 review and this tool is strictly designed for cutting different types of material without having to change its blades.
Working with this miter saw designed by the Evolution Power Tools would prove to be an enjoyable process as it also boasts of getting every work done which contributes to why it has found its way to this interesting review.
Featuring a multi-material cutting technology combined with so many exciting features makes sure it completes all tasks thrown at it with ease and it is one tool built to provide large amounts of power, be reliable and also be accurate especially when it comes to working with heavy-duty materials.
The Evolution Power Tools R255SMSL compound miter saw is designed to offer superb service and value for money spent on purchasing it.
- Perfect for cutting metal
- Fits a two hundred dollar budget
- Cuts through wood and aluminum as well
- Its bevel guide sticker melts easily
9. Metabo HPT C10FCG 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
As we draw nearer to the end of this best miter saw under $200 review, we bring you the Metabo HPT C10FCG miter saw and this is a compound miter saw which is also lightweight.
The benefits of being lightweight are users would find this miter saw very easy to transport and thanks to the powerful motor that it comes with, this motor is built to produce a no-load speed of about 5000 RPM which would make obtaining miter and crosscuts very easy.
This miter saw from the Metabo brand also provides users with a bevel range of about 0 to 45 degrees across its left which makes it possible to obtain accurate and clean bevel cuts.
If you are a woodworker and you are interested in obtaining versatility, reliability and precision on the job then this miter saw is just the tool to settle for while its thumb actuated design helps in obtaining positive stops so as to make quick miter adjustments.
- A great option for beginners
- Provides quality and clean cuts
- Lightweight design makes it easy to move from one place to another
- Worth every penny spent on it
- Gets hot easily and generates a cloud of smoke according to a customer
10. Goplus 8-Inch Compound Miter Saw, Single Bevel Miter Saw
We are closing up this review with the Goplus 8-inch compound miter saw which is best used in achieving compound, miter and straight cuts and it also comes with a powerful 1400 watts motor that ensures this miter saw cuts quickly and smoothly.
It comes with a reading scale found on the miter angle and miter scale that makes sure this tool is used in different cutting applications as well as meeting up with different cutting requirements.
When working with this miter saw, every dust that is produced would be collected using its dust bag which takes away the stress of cleaning up your work area after working. In essence, its dust collection bag makes sure every work area is tidy and users can trust this miter saw to also provide extra convenience when working.
It is built to be compact and reliable and lastly, it can be easily folded which makes storing up this tool convenient at the end of the day’s job.
- Designed to be convenient
- Makes quick cuts
- Has a compact design and uses up less space for storage
- Customers complained that this is a cheaply made tool
Now, you have a clear idea on the best miter saw under $200 products that you should look out for when going shopping for a miter saw and I must say that when compiling this best ten list, there were certain features that I looked out for as they would ensure every project gets carried out easily and in less time.
One thing I also want to bring to your notice is that there is a difference between a sliding miter saw and a compound saw as they provide various options depending on the work that needs to be carried out.
Features To Consider When Shopping For Miter Saws
This is one feature that is needed to finish off any project and in order to end up with a tool that has such power, all attention should be focused on its type of motor. If its motor is of poor quality then you do not expect it to produce the amount of power needed to do any work. Power is highly needed because it is one of the factors that guarantee positive results as well as making sure that all set tasks are accomplished.
2. Dust Collection
Dust collection is one feature that most people fail to take into consideration but working especially at a job site would definitely produce some debris and dust in the air. Cutting on dust and eliminating them isn’t just necessary in keeping your work station neat but it also helps in making sure that every worker stays healthy. Dust collection bags come with some miter saws as they help in collecting dust that is generated when working.
3. Cutting Ability
One feature that needs to be looked out for is what we refer to as positive stops. Having the right blade as well as a strong motor is also a good thing but positive stops are different positions or common cutting angles which tells users where next they would change their next cut. These things might sound complex or difficult but they are also very easy to figure out. Miter saws that are expensive are easier to work with and they also offer users a wide range of cutting options.
Picking the miter saw which would be perfect for a two hundred dollar budget that you need might seem like a difficult task but we are hopeful that with this review, you would be able to make the right choice. We also want you to note that we also have the best miter saw for the money review if you want to take your search to the next level.
Don’t miss these miter saws from the same price range available on Amazon:
- Battery and Charger SOLD SEPARATELY
- This item is Factory Reconditioned, some show more wear than others
- 24-tooth carbide-tipped blade improves performance with fast, clean cuts
- Spindle lock for easy blade changes
- Machined and cast miter scale for accuracy
- Powerful 15-amp motor cuts boards up to 12 inches wide and 3-1/2 inches thick
- Miter 45 degrees in either direction (featuring 9 miter stops) or bevel 45 degrees to the left
- Onboard Class II laser guide illuminates your line of cut
- Features a 7-1/2-inch Crown molding nested capacity and a 6-3/4-inch base board vertical capacity
- Includes a 10-inch 40-Tooth carbide-tipped blade, Two table extensions, one clamp assembly, a dust bag, a dust port adapter, and a two-year warranty
- Maximum crosscut up to 2 in x 8 in (nominal) at 90 degrees and 2 in x 6 in at 45, idea for molding and framing cuts
- Lightweight (under 23 lbs) for easy transport from storage to work location
- Miter cuts up to 50 degrees left and right with 9 positive stops at the most used degrees. Tool-less adjustable upfront mounted laser guide system projects accurate pre-cutting line for precise...
- Powerful 10.0 Amp ball bearing motor, delivers up to 5,000 RPM for accurate cuts. Large, die-cast aluminum base and table for increased work support
- Bevel cutting up to 47 degrees to the left, positive stops at 0 and 45 degrees. Dual slide rail system with linear bearings allows for smooth and accurate operation
- ☘【Double Speeds & Powerful Motor】-Tacklife miter saw provides two different speeds for various materials: 3200r/min for soft metal and plastic, 4500r/min for wood，giving your cutting more...
- ☘【3*Blades & Extension Table】- Tacklife miter saw is equipped with two 10" 40T TCT blades for wood and plastic, and one multifunctional 10" 48T TCT blade for versatile use. An extension table...
- ☘【Miter Cutting & Bevel Cutting】-Tacklife Miter saw supplies 0° to 45° range for miter cutting. The free bevel range from 0° to 45° allows you to do bevel cutting for more purposes.The...
- ☘【Iron Guard & Double Safety Switch】-Tacklife miter saw is designed with iron Guard, which is able to withstand the daily rigors that come with working on a job site. Double Safety Switch...
- ☘【Laser Guide& Dust Vacuum Port】- Tacklife miter saw offers laser to make precise adjustments to the left or right. Dust collection system cuts down the number of dust particles that remain...