One feature that would be dependent on making well finished and classy furniture is precision and when trying to make cuts, the kind of equipment you make use of would also play a huge role or be a great criterion combined with your level of skills in order to make a perfect final product.
Therefore, the best miter saw for furniture making would also determine your level of success when it comes to woodworking.
You do not need to make use of a multipurpose miter saw if what you are working on would not require you to cut metal materials so finding a miter saw that can be used specifically for woodworking is enough to handle all of your woodworking needs but you have one big question to answer and that is, HOW DO YOU TELL WHICH MITER SAW IS REALLY THE BEST?
Best Miter Saw For Furniture Making – Buying Guide And Recommendation
Since there are different budget limitations and also various needs of people, it would be very difficult to specifically say this miter saw is the best or another miter saw could do better so we have made this great list on the best miter saw that can be used in the making of furniture as well as other woodworking needs.
This review focuses on the miter saw made by nothing but the best brands that you can ever think of and we want you to believe that after going through this review, you would definitely be able to find a miter saw that would be perfect for making furniture as well as a couple of other woodworking projects.
However, before that, there is a popular question that seems to always pop up.
Why Is The Best Miter Saw Needed For Furniture Making?
If you have been into furniture making for a while then you would be able to tell why miter saws are the best to use when it comes to making furniture but if you are new to woodworking or making furniture, here are some of the reasons why miter saws are more preferred than any other type of saw.
- Depth Stops To Control Height – The height of a miter saw blade can be easily controlled through the use of death stops and these depth stops are also useful when it comes to making either shallow or deep cuts.
- Bevel And Miter Stops – These type of stops found on miter saws make its easy to place the blade anywhere you want them and it also helps in obtaining the best cuts especially at any angle you want it to be.
- Has Blades For Cutting Wood – Miter saws come with blades that can move up and down and these blades can also be used in making miter cuts and crosscuts. These blades can also be tilted so as to make angled bevel cuts and with bigger blades, longer cuts can be achieved.
- Has Positive Stops – Miter saws feature positive stops that are placed at specific angles and this helps in cutting down on time spent on measuring the material you are working on so it makes sure work is done quickly.
Best Miter Saw For Furniture Making Review
1. DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
The DEWALT DW715 single inch bevel compound miter saw is designed to come with a blade wrench, carbide blade, side handled found at the base of this saw and also a bag for collecting dust and it also features a miter detent override which allows for overriding the miter stops as well as making useful adjustments.
However, the best part of this miter saw from DEWALT is it would be difficult for it to slip into a miter detent while this same adjustable miter detent features about eleven positive stops which ensure that every work carried out with this saw is easy.
It also features tall sliding fences that ensure crown molding of about 5-1/4inches.
Now what most people also love about this tool is its cam miter lock handle combined with a miter detent override and what this does is it helps in getting rid of the need to twist the handle of this tool so as to make sure it is locked into a particular angle.
Accuracy is also another valuable feature of this miter saw and one that people love about it too.
- Features high and sliding fences that offer help during nest and crown molding
- Its cam-lock miter handle eliminates the need to twist the handle
- Features a blade wrench and dust bag
- Doesn’t have any laser attachment
2. Bosch Power Tools GCM12SD – 15 Amp
A very interesting feature of the Bosch Power Tools GCM12SD miter saw is its already installed unique glide system which ensures that this miter saw is able to make wider crosscuts and that isn’t all, it also makes it possible that this miter saw works precisely and also maintains better alignments.
Furthermore, being compact is another enviable feature of this saw as having a compact size makes sure this tool helps in saving valuable workspace.
Users would enjoy a high degree of smoothness when working with this tool and you can trust that its 6.5 inches nominal horizontal capacity and 14 inches extended cutting capacity are very efficient.
Easy adjustments can be made while working with this miter saw thanks to its simple to read and large uniform bevel. What this miter saw is known for is its high level of precision and unlike other miter saws that have a complex design, users would find this miter saw very easy to make use of.
- Maintains precise and better alignments
- Helps in making wider crosscuts
- While working with this tool, smoothness is offered
- Doesn’t have any for now
3. Hitachi C10FCH2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
A lot of people have been left impressed with the Laser Mark System of the Hitachi C10FCH2 compound miter saw and this laser mark system is the main reason behind the level of accuracy of this miter saw when working.
Also, its 15 amp motor is powerful enough to be able to handle even this toughest job with ease and flexibility is another notable feature of this miter saw too.
Its zero to forty-five degrees left bevel angle range is something that cannot be easily found on any miter saw on the market and this bevel angle range also allows for easy adjustments as well as making precise cuts.
A horizontal handle that has an elastomer grip is another appealing feature of this Hitachi miter saw.
This handle is very important as it helps in minimizing vibration so as to make the hands enjoy comfort while working while its thumb accurate positive stops help in making quick miter adjustments as well as ensuring that this miter saw is efficient and easy to use regardless if you are a professional or beginner.
- Accurate cuts can be achieved using its laser mark system
- Thumb actuated positive is responsible for making this saw simple to use
- Its elastomer grip cuts down on unwanted vibration while working
- This is not a slider saw
4. Makita LS1018 10-Inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw
The Makita LS1018 dual slide compound miter saw is designed to have a 13 amp motor which is capable of delivering about 433 RPM and also ensuring that this saw doesn’t require constant maintenance.
It has a zero to sixty degrees right and zero to forty-seven degrees left bevel range which ensures that this miter saw is very flexible to work with.
It comes with an easy to access rear handle bevel lock while on the right and left sides of this miter saw, you would find various positive stops at 15 degrees, 0 degrees, 45 degrees, 31.6 degrees and also 22.5 degrees.
Being efficient and also being flexible are other notable features of this miter saw which makes work simple.
When compared with other miter saw we came across, we realized that this saw is a lightweight one and this is also a miter saw that guarantees displaying an impressive cutting performance. It also comes with extension wings, a wrench, dust bag, a triangular rule and a blade.
- Has a lightweight build
- Comes with important accessories like a blade, wrench, dust bag and more
- Has few positive stops on both sides
- Impossible to cut beyond 45 bevel angle range
5. SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw with Laser
At our number five position, we have the SKIL 3821-01 twelve inches quick-mount compound miter saw and just like one of the miter saws that we have already talked about in this review, this miter saw also features a laser mark system which contributes to making precise and accurate cuts.
Having about nine positive stops is the reason why this miter saw can be able to set common miter angles and you would be impressed with its 15 amp motor which is capable of producing about 4500 RPM, therefore, dropping a hint that this miter saw is more powerful than anyone thinks.
Now, a very interesting feature of this miter saw is its table extension design which has left and right extension rails and this table extension is important when it comes to working with large and long workpieces while having a quick-mount system makes setting up this miter saw easy and quick.
- Laser guide allows for making precise cuts
- Comes with a 15 amp motor
- Its blade maximum speed is 4500 RPM
- Doesn’t come with its own stand
- This is however a single bevel miter saw
Interesting Review – Best Miter Saw For Homeowner
6. TACKLIFE Sliding Miter Saw, Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
This double bevel compound miter saw from TACKLIFE comes with a powerful 15amp motor that is capable of generating about 3800 RPM which makes this miter saw reliable when it comes to cutting through different kinds of materials such as metal plate, aluminum alloy, plastics and wood.
It also features a 40 tooth tungsten ultra-high carbide blade which also cuts through several cutting materials and also ensuring that trenching and grooving is done smoothly. This miter saw from TACKLIFE features a D-handle design which makes this saw more easy and comfortable for anyone to use and guess what?
It also comes with a sliding double linear rail which makes sure every cutting work is precise, steady and smooth.
A rare feature that this miter saw has is an extensible table which also has a vice clamping design that helps in providing balance and support so as to make sure the material being worked on doesn’t warp.
- Comes with a powerful 15amp motor
- Comfortable thanks to its D-shaped handle
- Its carbide blade cuts through plastics, metal, aluminum and several kinds of materials
- Has a lesser rotating speed
7. Metabo HPT C10FCGS Compound Miter Saw
This isn’t really a new brand when it comes to making tools so we understand if you feel it is but what we have right here is a tool from the Hitachi brand who changed their name to Metabo.
The Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10 inch compound miter saw comes with a 15amp motor that provides the necessary power for handling tough cutting tasks.
The first thing that you would notice about this compound Metabo Miter Saw is how reliable it is and having a zero to forty-five degrees bevel range makes sure that this miter saw delivers an impressive cutting experience as well as making sure this is the right tool for handling all of your carpentry needs.
What you would find attractive about this miter saw is its large table design which helps in providing adequate support for materials and thanks to its vice clamping design, this large table would hold materials being worked on well secured.
Its thumb actuated positive stops also helps in making quick miter adjustments.
Lastly, it features a carbon brush access which allows for easy replacement of its brush so as to make sure this tool lasts longer.
- Comes with a thumb actuated positive stop button
- Sells at an affordable rate
- Its 15amp motor offers high power for various cutting tasks
- Not suitable for cutting metal sheets
8. Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
The Genesis GMS1015LC compound miter saw is next at eight positions in this very detailed review and having a forty-five-degree bevel cut range, as well as a powerful motor of about 15 amps, makes this tool nothing but a beast at handling all of your cutting tasks.
This is a versatile compound miter saw as it can be used for various tasks like crown molding, picture frames, shadow boxes and other carpentry tasks and guess what, this miter saw features an electric brake which offers an effective stopping power, making sure that it stops in seconds.
The laser cutting guide is also another impressive feature of this Genesis miter saw as it helps in the making of quick alignments and also ensuring that all cuts are accurate.
Furthermore, there is a feature known as the arbor lock found on this miter saw and the arbor lock is responsible for making fast blade changes.
- Precise and makes fast alignment thanks to its laser cutting guide
- Brakes can be changed with ease using its arbor lock
- Comes with extension wigs and dust bags
- Has an electric brake that ensures it stops in a few seconds
- This miter saw requires little adjustment before use
9. Delta Power Equipment Corporation S26-262L Miter Saw
As we edge nearer to the end of this interesting review, we have decided to bring to you the Delta Power Equipment Corporation Miter Saw and this is a ten-inch saw with a lightweight design which means it can be easily moved from job to job or from one room to another room.
Being versatile is also another feature that makes this miter saw stand out from the rest and this is because it is designed in a way that makes it compatible with all miter saw stands.
It comes with a spindle lock which helps in making sure the spindle is secure when removing or loosening blade nuts.
Apart from being lightweight, the Delta Power Equipment Corporation Miter saw is also designed to be portable and this makes this miter saw quite easy to store up or ensuring that it uses up less space in your workshop.
- Lightweight and versatile
- Comes with clamps and a dust bag
- Has no brakes in stopping blades
10. Festool 575306 Kapex KS 120 REB Miter Saw
This is the final miter saw that sums up this review and the Festool brand is actually a new model on the market.
This miter saw features a rail forward design that provides accurate cuts, helps in creating a compact footprint and also boosts precision when making cuts. It is also effective to collect ninety-one percent of dust while making cuts.
A very important feature of this miter saw is its dual laser design which makes aligning cuts from left to right very easy and these lasers are also responsible for defining which material should be removed during cutting.
Just like other miter saws we have discussed, this saw is also lightweight and compact and these are important especially when it comes to transporting this tool from one place to another.
- Comes with necessary accessories
- Very good at extracting dust
- Doesn’t last
Check This Out – Best Miter Saw For The Money
Looking at both the compound miter saw and the sliding miter saw, we can actually say that the sliding miter saw is a more preferred option and we are basing our conclusion based on accuracy.
However, a woodworker’s best friend or tool is a miter saw and this is because it delivers precision and makes angled cuts when necessary and this is why they are considered as the best tools when it comes to furniture making.
This review contains the best miter saws that would be ideal for your work as there are miter saws that would be perfect for making small cuts, heavy-duty cuts, precise cuts so it is very important that you carefully check each of the features of the miter saws that we have rounded up for you in order to find a suitable miter saw for you.
Related Post – Best Miter Saw Under $200