Keeping our gardens and lawn green and healthy gives us pride and joy. That is why maintenance should be a priority if you wish to see your lawn healthy and fresh each day.
So in order to achieve that, you need to use one of the best lawn sprinklers to help water the grass daily. If you are looking for the best lawn sprinkler that money can buy then this article can help you with that.
What is a Lawn Sprinkler?
All of us have seen sprinklers in lawns, right? A lawn sprinkler or water sprinkler to some is commonly used in residential lawns.
They are usually placed in the center of the lawn or at times can be moved to different locations. You can usually find them oscillating while providing water to the lawn.
Types of Sprinklers
Before buying a sprinkler, understand that there are different types of sprinklers sold in the market today. Knowing what they are will give you a better idea of what type of sprinkler to get. Here are the different sprinklers to check out:
1. Oscillating Sprinklers
Are usually made of plastic or metal tube that waves around back and forth. It is usually compared to a metronome. It is best for rectangular areas and is ideal for lawns. It can water up to 4,000 square feet and can operate on different water pressures.
2. Pulsating Sprinklers
Is usually designed to rotate and projects a pulsating jet of water. This usually covers circular areas or just a portion of it. It is also cheaper compared to oscillating sprinklers.
However, they can cover about 10,000 square feet if used at high pressure. They are ideal for curved or rounded areas. They can also work on irregularly shaped lawns.
3. Stationary Sprinklers
Are designed to water smaller areas and they are usually simple compared to other types. This type of lawn sprinkler is designed to have one preset pattern so it could be square, circle or rectangular in shape. It’s inexpensive, works well on low pressure and there is no moving part that breaks.
Top 10 Best Lawn Sprinkler to Buy
Now that you know what the different types of lawn sprinklers are, it’s time to pick the best sprinkler! Here are the top five sprinklers that we have gathered for you:
1. Orbit’s Yard Enforcer 62100 Motion Activated Sprinkler
Another good option for motion-activated sprinkler belongs to Orbit. This wonderful product is an awesome pest deterrent and is highly recommended for those who have vegetable patches in their garden or yard.
It can work day and night and provides 3 working modes such as always-on, night only and day only uses.
It also features the intelli-sense technology which provides the user assistance to conserving power and water. It can also work with several other sprinklers so you don’t have a hard time with it. It can cover a large area with enough water supplies for all your plants.
In addition to that, this sprinkler can be adjusted up to 35 feet so you know for certain that all areas are covered.
- It has 7,500 activation cycles that run on 4 AA alkaline batteries.
- It can help deter unwanted animals in your yard.
- It is designed to be heavy-duty.
- It is made of sturdy materials.
- There are connection leaks.
- Customers also complained about the product not working properly as it should.
2. Nelson’s Raintrain 1865 Traveling Sprinkler
If you are looking for something unique to place on your lawn then this is the best deal for your money. It is made for large yards and is designed with a circular motion water spray that can move around 200 to 13,500 square feet.
It also has three-speed controls, a switch-off ramp that is automatic as well as durable and cast iron built that is pretty durable.
- Its body is made to be chip-resistant.
- It can cover a wide area.
- It has a good speed.
- It is designed to be heavy-duty.
- The plastic parts make the product look cheap.
- Customers have complained that the auto-switch does not work after a few uses.
This type of sprinkler has a pulsating style. It can cover a maximum range of 5,800 square feet and can water all parts of the yard.
It is designed with a programming disc that is easy to modify with twelve adjustment range and a 360-degree complete rotation. It also comes with a durable polymer that is designed to be rust-free.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- It can cover the yard well.
- It can deliver powerful sprays.
- It can work under pressure.
- It does not tilt.
- It’s affordable.
- Some parts don’t work well as they break apart after a few weeks of use.
- The rotation head of the sprinkler pops off.
- It does not oscillate well.
If you love the idea of keeping your lawns pristine and free from stray animals like rabbits or deer then this is the sprinkler you should get. It is designed specifically to protect your garden and lawn areas from deer, birds, rabbits and other animals that tend to destroy lawns.
It is made to startle pests with a sudden burst of water and sound that teaches them to avoid the protected spaces or areas in the future. It can cover about 1,200 square feet of lawn day and night and is powered by a 9-volt battery that could last up to 6 months.
- It’s great for scaring animals out of your yard.
- It can detect animals easily thanks to its customer motion sensor lenses.
- It is designed to automatically close and cut off water.
- It has a battery indicator that can protect your lawn from unwanted flooding.
- It broke down after weeks of use.
- Customers have complained about battery issues.
Last but not least on our list belongs to Gardena. This wonderful lawn sprinkler is made by a company that is known for many gardening accessories. It is designed to cover yards of all sizes as its spray range can be adjusted up to 950-2400 square feet.
It can also be modified from 23 to 56 feet from the sprinkler. It comes with a quick-connecting adapter that makes your connection to standard garden hosepipes easier. It also comes with a stainless steel dirt filter and is ergonomically designed.
- It’s easy to attach to a hosepipe.
- It’s lightweight.
- It’s easy to use.
- It’s very sturdy.
- It can cover large areas.
- It’s easy to install.
- Feels and looks cheap.
- It’s made of plastic.
- It’s fragile and easily breaks.
6. Melnor XT4200M XT Metal Oscillating Lawn Sprinkler
The next lawn sprinkler that we want to talk about in our best lawn sprinkler review is the Melnor XT4200M XT metal oscillating lawn sprinkler and this lawn sprinkler is capable of watering lawn that measures up to 4200 square feet.
An interesting aspect of the Melnor metal oscillating lawn sprinkler is the fact that it has a zoom feature which enables the sprinkler to focus on certain areas specifically.
When working on the garden or smaller plants, the Melnor metal oscillating lawn sprinkler proves to be a good option for use and guess what, it also features a Melnor Infinity Turbo Drive which is responsible for watering lawns evenly without users having to deal with dry patches or puddles.
- This sprinkler is designed to control the range and width it sprays
- Has a limited lifetime warranty
- Has a nice design
- Not durable as it gets broken easily
- Leaks easily too
7. GrowGreen Garden Sprinkler, 360 Degree
Another high quality and reliable lawn sprinkler on the market is the GrowGreen 360 degrees garden sprinkler which is designed to spray and cover a distance of about 32.8 feet.
What we admire about the GrowGreen Garden sprinkler is the fact that its spray directions are easy to adjust and what’s more, it has a water pressure of 80 PSI.
One feature that we cannot help but point out is the durability of this lawn sprinkler as it is made using premium polymer and ABS plastic material.
It also has the right and ideal weight that makes sure it stays in place when used in watering lawns and gardens.
One more thing we want our readers to know about this sprinkler is that it is however an approved kid-friendly product so kids can also try playing with it outdoors without getting hurt.
- This lawn sprinkler actually boasts of having better construction than other sprinklers
- Covers great distance
- Sprays water evenly
- Comes with stabilizer wings that fight it from flipping
- Gets broken easily
- Has issues with leakages
8. Aqua Joe SJI-OMS16 Oscillating Sprinkler
One of the eye-catching features of the Aqua Joe oscillating sprinkler is its well-designed and sturdy base combined with a durable base that comes together to ensure that users do not pay a constant visit to the market to shop continuously for a lawn sprinkler.
What we are saying is this lawn sprinkler from Aqua Joe has a tough and solid construction which makes it lasts for a very long time compared to other lawn sprinklers on the market.
In our findings concerning this lawn sprinkler, we realized that its nozzles are quite easy to clean as this garden equipment comes with cleaning tools so each of its nozzles is free from dirt.
This makes maintaining this lawn sprinkler easy and less expensive and in addition, this sprinkler is the ideal option when covering up to 3600 square feet. It is also resistant to leakages.
- Well painted sprinkler
- Made out of durable steel material
- Ideal for working in large areas
- Has a perfect oscillating design
- Some of its sprinkler parts and gearbox are made using plastic materials
- Also tends to leak
9. Kadaon Lawn Sprinkler, Automatic Water Sprinklers
This lawn sprinkler right here is the Kadaon Lawn Sprinkler and if we must testify of any of its features, it has to be how durable this lawn sprinkler is.
It is made out of high-quality ABS plastic material which still ensures long-lasting use and it has a feature that isn’t commonly found in most lawn sprinklers today. This feature is the Water Sprinkler Irrigation design which helps in saving water using its easy to adjust water range and density.
There would be no form of difficulty experienced when working with this lawn sprinkler from Kadaon as it has a simple and straightforward design.
It also has a child-friendly design which also implies that kids can freely play with this lawn sprinkler outdoors without causing any harm to themselves. Its design ensures that it sprays directly at 45 degrees so as to water plants and lawns.
- Spreads water on lawns and plants evenly
- Works better than advertised
- Has a powerful design
- Comes with a huge radius
- Ideal for working on small sized lawns
- Sturdy yet simple
- Its plastic material construction feels quite hard and tends to cause hand fatigue
10. BOBOO Garden Sprinkler, 360° Portable Lawn Sprinkler
For a garden that measures about 3600 square feet, the BOBOO garden and lawn sprinkler is a good option for it. This sprinkler requires less effort when in use because it has a rotator that is properly connected to the base of the sprinkler.
This base is built to be sturdy so that this sprinkler stays fixed in place when sprinkling. Its overall body construction features the use of premium ABS plastic materials that are movable and rust-resistant.
It also comes with an efficient tube that helps in making sure water doesn’t get wasted and here is another interesting angle to take a look at when considering this lawn sprinkler, its sprinkling modes can also be adjusted with ease.
- Has a superb spinning capability
- Covers a decent amount or area of lawns
- Can be used for agricultural purposes or for irrigation
- Durable, sturdy and also lightweight
- This sprinkler system doesn’t support being used with or connected with a traditional hose
- When compared to other lawn sprinklers that have been discussed, we realized it has a high price tag
How to Keep Your Sprinkler in Good Shape
We have seen many people complain about their sprinklers break down after a couple of weeks a lot but what seems to be the reason behind all of this?
Easy, some people don’t know how to take care of their sprinklers. Some may claim that they do but really? If that’s the case then there won’t be any reports of broken sprinklers, right?
You see, it doesn’t matter what type of sprinkler you have. It could be cheap or expensive it will break down eventually but if you don’t know how to take care of your things then yes, you are shortening its lifespan and then what?
Blame the product for it! Now if you don’t want to look like you are someone who doesn’t care about their belongings then you need to remember these tips:
- Use your sprinklers when needed. You don’t have to keep it on 24/7 all the time! Give it a rest as your lawns need to breathe as well. Use it only when it is really needed so you can maintain the health of your lawn.
- Don’t just toss it around once you are done using it. Keep your sprinkler in a way that you don’t step on it. Place it in a storage area if not in use. Make sure to check if there is any damage to it before keeping the sprinkler. If you live in a hot area then you need to place it somewhere where it’s not totally exposed to the sun. In case you have four seasons then use only the sprinkler during summer. This way you don’t have to place your sprinkler on the lawn during winter.
- Don’t overuse your sprinklers. If you can set it to a timer the better. Try using it in the morning only or when needed. This way your sprinklers are not overused.
- Always have your warranty with you. In cases of broken parts, you can always contact the company for a replacement or repair.
- Pick a sprinkler that is heavy-duty. This way you don’t have to worry about constant repairs.
There are a lot of inventions intended for easy living these days and sprinklers are one of them. Isn’t it nice not to manually water your lawn every day? With sprinklers, lawns are kept green and healthy and so it is best to pick one that suits your needs.
Keep in mind that these things aren’t that cheap so you might as well invest in a good one if you wish to avoid the hassle of getting it repaired in the future. Make sure to compare your options too, this way you know where your money is going.
Do your homework and research about the different sprinklers, you will be happy to know you did! We hope that you find these best lawn sprinklers review helpful. Installing a sprinkler is easy if you have a guide to follow, here is the installation guide. Good luck with your purchase!
Here are some other reviews that you can also go through which would provide you with lots of information on other products as well as some factors surrounding the purchase of some of these products.