Heat guns are tools that can be used in various situations and most people often tend to go for a hairdryer simply because it generates heat as well but the fact is a hairdryer doesn’t have the capacity to generate the amount of heat that would be needed in certain applications like in wrapping car interiors or tinting of your car window.
When used by the wrong hands, a heat gun can be a very dangerous tool but in good hands, it can be used in the removal of paint, wrapping of vinyl and also in the bending of plastics. Investing in the best heat gun for vinyl wrapping is a wise thing to do.
Best Heat Gun For Vinyl Wrapping – Buying Guide And Recommendation
Hairdryers can only generate heat one hundred to two hundred degrees Celsius (100C to 200C) but when it comes to an automotive heat gun, they are capable of generating about one hundred to seven hundred and fifty degrees Celsius (100C to 750C).
When comparing both instruments, it was realized that heat guns have the tendency to have more heat settings than an average hairdryer.
Hairdryers normally come with about three settings and that explains why it is below a heat gun in heat ratings.
This difference in heating power is what would make a huge difference when used in several situations and take for example a fender roller, this tool would require a large amount of heat if it would successfully get rid or remove paint.
What we have recommended for you in this review are the best heat guns that can be used when it comes to vinyl wrapping so below are some useful and powerful heat guns that would help obtain excellent results as well as being versatile enough to be used in other applications.
Best Heat Gun For Vinyl Wrapping Review
1. PORTER-CABLE Heat Gun, 1500-Watt (PC1500HG)
The next heat gun that we would want you to consider the next time you are out shopping for a quality and reliable heat gun is the PORTER-CABLE PC1500HG heat gun and being made by the Porter-Cable brand simply tells you that the heat gun you are looking at is of high quality as the brand only makes topnotch and excellent tools which also lasts for a very long period.
The reason why this heat gun from the Porter-Cable brand is a perfect choice for vinyl wrapping is that it comes with a variable heat setting.
Moving away from its variable heat setting, this is such a reliable and versatile tool which can be used in several application such as for bending of PVC pipes, removal of paint, welding of copper pipes, welding of plastics, shrinking wraps, shrinking of plastic tubes and also in the removal of adhesive tiles.
Its solid and high-quality build is also what we love about this heat gun while its front selector switch can be easily operated just by the push of a finger.
- Comes with a plastic hook for hanging this heat gun after use
- Lightweight tool
- On the side of the handle, there are rubber bumpers
- Comes with a 6 feet heavy-duty cord
- Also loud because of its large motor
2. Wagner Spraytech 0503008 HT1000 Heat Gun
This is one of the most affordable but yet powerful heat guns that anyone searching for a reliable heat gun would look out for when shopping and what impresses me the most about this heat gun is the fact that it has a two-way heat setting which makes sure tasks handed to it are easily completed.
There are lots of projects that this heat gun would be very perfect for and some of these projects include bending of plastic pipes, shrinking wrap, loosening nuts and bolt and more.
However, the Wagner Spraytech 0503008 heat gun also features adjustable settings whereby dual fan speeds can be used in offering extra comfort and therefore making sure that every project you are working on is customized to meet your needs.
It also comes with an integrated stand which makes way for a hands-free operation therefore making sure that the nozzle doesn’t come in contact with the surface that is being worked on. Durability is also a key feature of this heat gun as it would last for a long while thanks to its high-quality material build.
- Has a yellow color for safety
- All-purpose heat gun
- Even in high and low settings, this heat gun heats up quickly
- Hanging helps to place this heat gun on the wall when it isn’t in use
- Cheap plastic material construction
- Requires more nozzles for work
3. BLACK+DECKER Heat Gun, Dual Temperature (HG1300)
This heat gun is the perfect option for all do it yourself persons because it is one that is designed to be reliable every day. However, the BLACK + DECKER brand has been known for making tools that handymen would find extremely reliable and for over twenty years, they have been in the business of making high-quality tools that would our needs.
This tool is designed to carry the same trademark as other tools that have come from this brand and here is the interesting part, this tool can be used in the hands-free mode by cutting away the metal handle on its handle.
This ensures that this heat gun can now rest on its back and guess what, this heat gun also has vests at its side which makes sure that there is no obstruction of airflow, therefore, making sure that there isn’t a case of overheating.
You can make use of this heat gun for stripping paint, bending conduit, welding copper and plastic, wrapping soap, and also in the removal of wallpaper. The major downside that people complained of is that this heat gun came with lesser attachments.
- Its flip stand offers a hands-free usage
- Compact and lightweight design makes handling easy
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- The hands-free design ensures it doesn’t rest on its back
- Has just a speed setting
- Lacks several nozzle attachments
4. Genesis GHG1500A Dual Temperature Heat Gun Kit
Just because this tool has a simple look doesn’t mean it should be underrated because this is a premium and high-quality tool as well as having several nozzle attachments which makes it versatile enough to be used in different applications.
Users would benefit is two huge ways when working with this tool and of these benefits is that they would find this tool very easy to make use of. Another thing is this heat gun comes with loads of features which makes it very useful and important to work with.
You would get a nozzle kit if you settle for this heat gun and what we are talking about here are two deflector nozzles.
This simply means you would get a reflector nozzle and a deflector nozzle and this makes sure this heat gun takes on even the toughest of jobs and guess what, it also has a compact design which makes sure it doesn’t take up much space when it is stored.
This tool also proves to be a money saver if you are shopping on a budget as it is one of the most inexpensive heat guns that you would find on the market today.
- Not an expensive heat gun
- Heats up real good
- Was delivered fast
- False warranty claim
Trendy Post – Best Cordless Nail Gun For Fencing
5. M18 Heat Gun Single Battery KT
The M18 Single Battery Heat Gun is one that is manufactured by the Milwaukee brand and this heat gun that you are looking at here promises to deliver excellent and outstanding results which is why we believe it has all the features that would make it compete with other top quality brands at the top.
This heat gun is perfectly designed as it would heat up in just about six seconds making it the fastest heat gun to be a part of this review and once it has fully heated up, it would get to work immediately.
Being compact is also an enviable feature of this heat gun because its compact design makes it easy to move around or transport as well as being able to wield this heat gun confidently.
Its powerful battery is designed to offer long hours of run time and also having a cordless design also means that you do not have to worry about finding a power source to connect this heat gun too. Its in-built temperature management is also very useful as it helps to prevent overheating.
- This is a compact heat gun
- In-built temperature management prevents overheating
- Perfect for window tint
6. Hitachi RH650V Heat Gun, Variable Heat and Fan Settings
If you are in search of a smart heat gun then the Hitachi RH650V heat gun is the best choice for you and the reason why we said this heat gun has a smart design is simply that working with this heat gun offers you the chance to select from about five different temperature and speed settings.
However, that isn’t all there is about this heat gun because its in-built heat control system makes sure this gun functions at optimal temperature therefore ensuring that it doesn’t overheat.
Furthermore, this gun also boasts of having a fast cooling function which helps this heat gun to cool down after use so it can be properly stored.
Moving to practical features, the Hitachi RH650V heat gun boasts of a storage hook and this hook doesn’t just function for storage but also serves as a stand.
Its handle also offers a soft grip and this is very important because it helps in taking away or eliminating the possibility of the hand feeling any form of strain or fatigue especially in the wrist area.
- Offers five different temperature and heat setting to choose from
- Comes with a support stand and storage hook
- It has a well-designed handle that offers comfort
- Has a modest price tag
- Splatters metallic flakes all around
7. Wagner 0503059 FURNO 300 Heat Gun
The next heat gun that we would love you to meet is from the Wagner brand and this Wagner 0503059 FURNO 300 heat gun has a lesser amount of power compared to all other heat guns that we have already reviewed.
What we also found interesting about this heat gun is that it comes with two different heat settings and for all those who are looking for a heat gun if they are new to working with such a tool then this is simply what they need.
It is designed to be extremely small and also lightweight which makes it easy to operate and handle.
A well-designed handle to add to its lightweight and compact design also makes this tool very comfortable to hold and thanks to having a flat back session, this heat gun would find it easy to stand upright.
Being able to stand upright means it can sit in a hands-free mode or even allowing the hand to get some rest after working for lengthy hours. The only downside is that it ranks less in terms of power but this is certainly not the tool you would break the bank to have. All of its features make it a good option for beginners.
- Offers a very comfortable grip
- Lightweight and small
- Good choice for beginners
- Low in power
8. SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W Heavy Duty Hot Air Gun Kit
This is a heat gun with a simple design which takes away every difficulty that might arise when working with it and it is one that is packed with several excellent features which makes it possible for this heat gun to rank among other high-quality heat guns like the DEWALT, Makita, Hitachi and BLACK + DECKER brands.
This is easy to use as all that it asks of every user is for you to plug it in and guess what, it comes with a small switch found on its handle which makes sure that airflow is properly controlled.
However, there are more features that we love about this heat gun and one such feature is being able to set variable temperatures. However, one can be able to do this because this heat gun comes with thermostat control found on its rear that requires just twisting to adjust its temperature.
This heat gun might not have the accuracy that you would find in other high-quality heat guns but it is able to control the temperature which is a feature most heat guns do not possess.
- High heating power
- Able to control the temperature
- Designed to protect against overload
- Lightweight and easy to hold
9. Wagner Redesigned HT400 Heat Gun
This is our final product in this exciting review and this heat gun right here is from the Wagner brand. This is the third entry into this review from the Wagner brand and this shows that this brand is nothing but reliable and high quality.
From its image, you can tell that this heat gun has a horizontal and compact design and this makes it quite different from all other models that we have talked about so far. However, it is designed especially for use when working on small detailed jobs.
This is a very cheap heat gun and it is also designed to deliver heat with so much accuracy. Despite having a small size, this heat gun is still capable of heating up quickly and very well.
- Perfect for heat embossing
- Perfect for opening up electronics sealed using adhesives
- Not a long-lasting heating tool
10. LDK Mini Heat Gun, Electric Phone Repair Tool
Featuring a high-quality ABS plastic and superior stainless steel material, the LDK mini heat gun is another favorite that would deliver impressive results when used.
Its handle has a nonskid salient point design which makes sure users have a firm and strong grip when working with this heat gun and there are lots of applications where this heat gun can be put into use.
These applications include heating of embossed powder, shrinkable film, rubber stamp and more. What most users also find very attractive about this heat gun is the fact that it comes with a self-support stand and also an additional tabletop design which makes it very easy to work with and safe.
However, caution needs to be taken when working with this tool and that includes not working with it for more than ten minutes.
This is simply because its temperature is capable of exceeding one hundred degrees in few seconds but thanks to its heat vents, the temperature of this heat gun tend to cool quickly thereby extending the lifespan of this product.
- Used when it comes to loosening of adhesives
- Great pricing
- Versatile tool
- Takes long in warming up
Interesting Read – Best Miter Saw For Furniture Making
Wrapping It Up
This is where we come to the end of this review and one thing that you should keep at the back of your mind wrapping motorbikes and cars would require applying gentle heat and after conducting our research, we found out that the TR industrial heat gun would deliver impressive heating action and it also goes for a very good price.
There are other reliable and high-quality heat guns that we have reviewed which comes with lots of attachments that would make work very smooth and easy.
Related Post – Best Commercial Leaf Vacuum
Before you go, take a look at these models available on today’s market:
- 1,200-watt heat gun, perfect for vinyl wrapping, stripping paint, thawing pipes & loosening floor tiles
- Rugged, light weight, high-impact plastic body makes this extremely portable
- Adjustable heat settings: Choose between two default temperatures, or use the control dial to fine tune to the temperature you want
- Includes Stainless-Steel Heat-Aiming Nozzle
- Also includes a 3M Toolkit, featuring a Blue Applicator Squeegee and 3 Black Felt Protective Adhesive Decals
- ◆【ATTENTION】:The heat gun will emit white smoke in a short time after starting up,which is a normal phenomenon.It can operate in US 110/120V 60hz.The basic model can only use two gears temp to...
- ◆【1500W 2 Gears Temp Setting】: Low temp: 572ᵒF（300℃）,350L/Min,High temp: 1022℉（550℃）,500L/Min,The Hot Air Gun heating in seconds easily to help complete DIY household home...
- ◆【FREE- HANDS OPERATION】: The design of Rear Cover Flat and bracket is ideal for stand by itself upright to free hands
- ◆【10 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES& Wide Applications】: Heat Air Gun come with 10 multi-purpose attachments,includes 5 nozzles,1 paint shovel,4paint shovel attachments.Attachments meet different...
- ◆【CONFIDENT WITH PRODUCTS QUALTY】:Any of your sincere feedback for heat gun are welcomed.And we will try our best to solve it.Additionally,you also can choose REPLACEMENT TOOL or REFUNDING
- ▶DUAL TEMPERATURE - 2 Temperature settings 800℉ & 1112℉ and 2 Air flow speed control [II: 500 L/min, I: 300 L/min] can satisfy all your requirements.
- ▶STRONG POWER – Craft heat gun with 1500W heats up to maximum temperature 1112℉ quickly; Professional DC copper motor can guarantee more stable operation.
- ▶CONVENIENCE USE - The 6.5Ft power cord with UL plug supports a wider range of use, very convenient for you to move freely in large work area. In addition, The Back support gives it stability when...
- ▶SAFETY - Professional built-in overload protection prevents electric heat gun from over-heat due to misuse and extends service life.
- ▶VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - 4 Nozzle attachments meet different application needs. Great for shrink wrapping, epoxy resin, shrink tubing, crafts, cell phone repairs, vinyl wrap, paint removal,...
- VARIABLE SPEED / HEAT SETTINGS: The only one of its kind, our heat gun combines a low speed/heat setting for delicate or detail work, with a high speed/heat setting for heavy-duty or high-volume work,...
- VERSATILE: Perfect for crafts, automotive, electronics, embossing powders, vinyl wrap, HTV, epoxy resin, shrink wrapping, shrink tubing, shrink tube connectors, decals, wine bottle shrink capsules,...
- INSULATED - ERGONOMIC - LIGHT WEIGHT - QUIET: cheap mini heat guns get too hot to hold. Traditional large “gun-style” heat guns get too heavy and awkward to handle for extended periods. Chandler...
- UL-CERTIFIED - Be careful! Poor-quality heat guns are both a fire hazard & an electrical shock hazard! Most generic heat guns are NOT manufactured to North American safety standards & are NOT safety...
- AMERICAN BRAND - Tired of buying poor-quality “throwaway” products from overseas sellers who don’t care about their customers? Chandler Tool is a good ‘ol American brand, located right here in...