Work smart not work harder is the ideal way to ensure that any work gets carried out and terms like this are commonly found in the construction industry.
This principle can be applied in building homes as well as finding the right tools to work with so when trying to find out the best cordless drill under $100, there are three key things that need to be remembered such as speed, torque and power.
Written in this review is all you need to know about purchasing and working with a cordless drill and our hours of research ended up paying off as we’re able to put together this detailed guide that would help our readers in finding the best cordless drill that would fit a one hundred dollar budget.
Best Cordless Drill Under $100 – Buying Guide And Recommendation
If you are interested in reading more about cordless drills as well as finding the right cordless drill that would be ideal for a one hundred dollar budget then we encourage you to continue reading on but one thing we are assuring our readers is that they would not find any review here on a poor quality cordless drill.
Cordless drills do not have to be expensive for it to be considered to be the best and these are more would be addressed in this review;
Best Cordless Drill Under $100 To Shop For
1. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill
It is hard to find a product from the DeWalt brand that failed to meet up with the expectations of the entire public and that is why this brand is one of the trusted brands ever.
The DeWalt 20V Max Cordless Drill is one built to live up to the company’s level of quality and reputation and the value it brings is the reason why it holds the top spot in our best cordless drill under $100 review.
This cordless drill from DeWalt is built to be lightweight and compact and that is a plus because it means that getting around with this tool would be convenient as well as making sure that difficult to reach places are also worked on without experiencing fatigue or soreness.
All you want out of a powerful cordless drill is what you would get from this beautiful tool from DeWalt but the major concern that it has is its battery life.
This piece of equipment right here fails in holding a charge for long and we all know that in cases of power tools, replacing some parts might be very expensive. Despite its shortcoming, this tool still proves to be the best cordless drill that would be ideal for a one hundred dollar shopping plan.
- Comes with a powerful variable speed motor
- Has a lightweight design to make work easy
- The compact design makes it easy to store and transport
- Its battery isn’t reliable
2. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Drill
At the second spot we have this reliable and powerful product from the BLACK+DECKER brand and this is one cordless drill that provides nice competition for the product we have at our number one spot.
What tends to interest people about this cordless drill is the fact that it is quite capable to hold a charge for a very long time. It comes with all the necessary tools combined with a comfortable grip which makes working with this tool worthwhile.
Versatility is also another important factor that makes this tool the best in its class and furthermore, it features a twenty-four clutch position design which makes sure screws do not get stripped and for this feature alone, users get convinced that they have a powerful cordless drill at their disposal.
However, the reason why this tool failed to make the top spot is that its construction isn’t sturdy enough.
What this means is it might not be able to withstand tough or extensive use but putting this flaw aside, this is just one tool anyone can rely on.
- Features a comfortable grip
- Has a twenty-four clutch position
- Comes with a long-lasting battery
- Poor quality build
3. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Drill LDX120C
The product at the third slot of this review is still from the BLACK+DECKER brand and it is one that would put in a topnotch drilling performance as well as matching your one hundred dollar budget.
What anyone would notice firsthand about this product is its user-friendly design and what this means is users would find it very easy to handle. It is also designed to be lighter so as to take away fatigue from the hands when working.
Being small in size is also another noticeable option as it can be used in smaller and tight spaces and in order to boost its handling capacity, this cordless drill features an eleven clutch position so users can be able to obtain a precise approach when working on any material.
One last feature that we want to bring to your notice concerning this cordless drill is its variable speed motor.
This variable-speed motor is responsible for its level of versatility but there isn’t a tool that doesn’t have a flaw. Its flaw is it tends to be lacking when it comes to power and this makes it a bit difficult to work on tough and hard materials.
- Best cordless drill for the money
- Lightweight yet effective
- Features a user-friendly design
- Has a low power range compared to other cordless drills
4. Tacklife PCD02B 12V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill
The next cordless drill we want to look at is one from TACKLIFE and even though this product may have its own flaws, it also proves to be one of the best economical cordless drills that anyone can settle for.
Apart from being affordable, this tool right here is compact, and this makes it very easy for it to get into hard to reach places which might be impossible for bigger cordless drills to gain access to.
It is also built to be lightweight and being lightweight has its own advantages as it would completely eradicate fatigue from the hands so users can work for long hours and finish up tasks.
What people tend to complain most about this tool is it not being as powerful as expected and this means if you are going to settle for this tool then it isn’t all projects it is going to be used for.
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy of use
- Eliminates hand fatigue
- Not ideal for all kinds of projects
- Has lesser power
5. DEKO DARK KNIGHT 20V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill
When compared to all other products that we have carefully analyzed, we can actually say that this cordless drill from DEKO doesn’t match their level of standards. The funny thing about this tool is it gets to be classified as a motorized screwdriver but its function is similar to that of a cordless drill but one major feature that this tool lacks is power.
In the world of tools today, power is one of the most important features as it is vital in ensuring that tasks get done.
This is another affordable option to choose from when considering an economical tool to settle for and this tool right here doesn’t have many bells and whistles but would handle smaller tasks thrown at it. It isn’t a versatile tool like most tools that we have already taken a look at so if you won’t have a few dollars to spare, it wouldn’t be bad to go for a better option.
- Very affordable tool
- Not really a cordless drill
- Lacks utility
- Has less power
Trendy Post – Best Compost Bin For Kitchen
6. Makita XT269M 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless
This is one powerful cordless drill that can be used at any job site and this tool after being used would go on to be one of your favorite tools as it would impress users with its quality as well as its level of performance.
This tool right here is constructed with tough materials which makes sure it endures one hell of a beating and versatility is also another interesting aspect of this tool as it features a hammer drill as well as a cordless drill.
Users would love its drive and a solid level of control when working with this tool and here is another major feature that most cordless drills lack, it doesn’t take up too much time to charge as it gets charged fully in about ten minutes. This is however a brushless drill and one that also makes use of lithium-ion batteries.
- Has outstanding power
- Comes with extra batteries
- Comes with a case that makes it easy to carry
- Its torque readings are not true
- Not durable enough
7. Milwaukee 2897-22 M18 Fuel 2-Tool Combo Kit
This is one cordless drill that has been stirring up some steams on the market presently and recently, some HVAC tradesmen have been seen making use of these drills. This alone prompted us to know why this tool is loved this much and we were pleased with what we found out.
This solidly built drill from the Milwaukee brand is one that users would find very comfortable to hold thanks to its firm grip and that isn’t all there is about this drill.
Its level of control when working using high RPM’s is excellent. Unlike other cordless drills that we have reviewed, this tool has an impressive battery life while the power and impact that its driver brings makes this cordless drill to handle any sort of task that is being handed to it.
This is certainly one of the best drills that users would not go wrong with. Its quality and power are topnotch.
- A flawless set of tools
- Outstanding impact
- Features controls that are user friendly
- High-quality build
- Problems of drill switch failure
8. Bosch Power Tools Drill Kit – PS31-2A
Now, this is another tool users would not go wrong with as it comes with exceptional power that ensures it finishes about ninety percent of the tasks thrown at it but despite having this large amount of power, this tool right here was built to be lightweight as it weighs just about 2lbs.
Its weight makes it the ideal tool to move about with and with about twenty-one torque settings and two speeds, it makes it suitable for use in various applications.
Whether it is for electrical work or for installation, this tool can be trusted to complete such tasks which is why it is preferred when carrying out driving and overhead drilling tasks.
It also features a three-jaw single sleeve chuck which ensures that bits are well held while some other interesting features of this cordless drill include having a fuel gauge, LED light and also lightweight power system. This power system is responsible for longer run times.
- This tool is versatile, powerful and also compact
- Its LED light helps to improve visibility especially during the night time
- Comes in a smaller package but has extremely high power
- Well priced tool
- The best tool when working off-site
- None that we know of
9. Avid Power 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill
The interesting feature of this cordless drill is the fact that its battery pack serves more than one purpose and that gives you an insight on how powerful its battery pack is. It can be used as a capacitor indicator as well as for charging phones.
This is also another lightweight and compact tool which helps in cutting down on hand fatigue so that drilling and screwing tasks can be carried out effectively.
Here is what we really love about this cordless drill, its torque settings make sure there is a control for driving out and driving in screws without stripping and this tool can also be used for drilling wood, metal case, plastics and even drywall.
Users would also enjoy a comfortable grip as this drill has a rubberized handle which makes sure there is comfort when working with this tool.
One feature which is rarely found in other cordless drill is an electric brake function which helps in ensuring a precise and accurate operation while its LED light helps in providing illumination during night time.
- This drill is very affordable
- Easy to work with thanks to its lightweight design
- Its compact design ensures it works its way in smaller areas
- Provides illumination in the dark
- Comes with no batteries
10. CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Drill
The last cordless drill that we want to take a look at is the CRAFTSMAN V20 cordless power drill which has a motor with high performance that is capable of providing about 280 watts of power which is required in carrying out a variety of tasks.
It also comes with a half-inch of the keyless chuck which makes it quite fast and easy to change bits and just like some other cordless drills that we have talked about, this powerful drill also comes with an LED light which makes the work area visible during night time.
The CRAFTSMAN V20 cordless drill also comes with a 20 max battery which features high-performance cells that helps in enhancing performance and as well as extending run time of this power tool.
It also comes with a lithium-ion charger which guarantees lesser time for charging and it is also built to be compatible with a Verstrack hang hook.
- Properly balanced when held
- Its LED light helps in illuminating the work area
- Its battery lasts long
- Its LED light doesn’t stay on for long
Best Cordless Drills Buying Guide
One thing about power drills is that they make any task very easy and these tasks could range from heavy-duty construction work to woodworking. Their ability to adapt to several tasks also makes them very versatile and for this reason, it is quite safe for one to conclude that a cordless drill needs to be a part of every toolbox.
This means that you reading this needs to purchase one and if you have already done that then it is very necessary to know the right factors to consider when thinking of which one to settle for.
- Material that Needs Drilling – before paying for a cordless drill, it is very necessary that you figure out which material you would be working on as not all power tools are suited for certain tasks. There are power tools that would be suitable for light drilling while others would be suitable for heavy drilling.
- Battery – another factor to be on the lookout for is its power battery as this is quite important. It is very necessary that a battery that can hold a charge for long should be invested in but here is one key thing, most drills with this type of battery might have a higher price tag but they run longer and also have less weight.
- Torque And RPM – RPM which also means rotation per minute is responsible for the maximum speed that can be obtained by a cordless drill while torque is what we refer to as a device’s rotary turning force. If a drill has more torque then it means it would be able to drill harder.
If you are a professional craftsman or just a hobbyist, we want you to know that there is a drill for everyone on the market and while shopping for a cordless drill, ensure that you already have at the back of your mind what you need the tool for, the material you would be working on, some of the challenges that you are bound to encounter and more.
You can never go wrong by settling for any of the products we have talked about in our best cordless drill Under $100.
Take a look at these models also:
- ☘【2pcs 2000mAh Li-Ion & Fast Charger】2pcs 20V 2000mAh large capacity Lithium-Ion batteries with power indicator. And 2A ultra fast charger keeps cordless drill constantly running, excellent...
- ☘【530 in-lbs Torque & 24+1 Clutch & 2 Speed Adjustment】Powerful 4-pole copper motor delivers 530 in-lbs(60Nm) peak torque; 24+1 position clutch generates 150% precision of torque adjustment than...
- ☘【1/2" Metal Chuck】All-metal gears and 1/2" key-less ratcheting chuck provide maximum durability and great accessory compatibility; F/R button and variable speed trigger are available for...
- ☘【Ergonomic Design】Rubber over-mold handle with ergonomic design offers maximum user comfort and less vibration; Trigger-activated LED light illuminates your work area
- 🎁【Perfect Gift Idea】1 * TECCPO Cordless Drill/driver Set; 2 * 20-Volt Batteries; 1 * 2.0A Fast Charger; 1 * Contractor Bag; 1 * Belt Clip; 32 * Driver Bits; 1 * Extension Rod(60mm); 1 * User...
- 【Professional Home Tool Kit】:165 tools and accessories, we prepare any accessories you need and bring this drill set to your door,including Japanese High-tech cordless drills, charger adapters,...
- 【Japanese High-tech Lithium-Ion】:20V 2000mAh large capacity Lithium-Ion batteries made in Japan with power indicator. And 2A ultra fast charger keeps cordless drill constantly running, excellent...
- 【19+1 Clutch, 2 Variable Speed】:19+1 position clutch generates 150% precision of torque adjustment than regular 16+1 cordless drill; 2 speed transmission (0 - 450 & 0 - 1100 RPM) for a range of...
- 【Customized Package for Storage】:The storage box of the partition design can be placed directly in the cabinet and placed in an orderly manner without mixing together. The portable bag can meet...
- 【Special Gift to Yourself and Friends】:This home tool kit is enough for daily use. The seamless collaboration of batteries, motors, gears for efficiently drilling into wood, metal, plastics, and...
- Perfect for DIY home use , great for drilling into wood , metal , plastic and all screwdriving tasks .
- 17+1 Torque setting , 2 speed 0-350 /1300 rpm
- LED working light , 1 battery and 1 charger
- Compact ergonomic design soft grip handle .
- 2 years warranty
- High Performance - Our cordless drill driver is powered by a max 20 voltage, 1.5AH Lithium-ion battery for strong and steady power and an endurable run time. The battery is simple to change and...
- 21+1 Torque Adjustment with Larger Chuck- Your new brand cordless drill, delivering 203 in-Lbs (23N.M) of max torque, features 21+1 torque position clutch,which provides more precision of torque...
- Super Safe & Comfortable to Use - Our drill tool is built with a soft grip handle for added comfort and gives you total control of the tool without heavy fatigue while using. Comes with LED light for...
- Notice - This is a carbon brushes drill. Most new DC motor tools and new carbon brushes have sparks, which will be smaller over time, as long as it's not a malfunction or the spark gets bigger and...
- Pink Ribbon: WORKPRO Tools is donating $0.25 from this purchase to National Breast Cancer Foundation, INC.. NBCF is Helping Women Now by providing early detection, education and support services to...