If you have been searching for the best air compressor under $500 then you have come to the right place. Finding a good air compressor actually comes down to the type of project you would be working on and also what kind of features you would be expecting in an air compressor.
All of the air compressors that we have talked about in this review are quite portable but despite being portable, they also come packed with lots of power which makes them suitable for use in various projects.
Best Air Compressor Under $500 – Buying Guide And Recommendation
There is a way to selecting the best air compressor under a $500 budget and we trust this guide to place you on the right path in helping you find that which would be perfect for you.
If you would be working in a residential or home environment then you don’t need an air compressor that would generate so much noise and also, every product we have talked about, we also listed their strengths and weakness and this makes it so much easier to differentiate the good from the bad products.
Take your time in reading through this best air compressor under $500 review and trust that you would find the best that you would need.
Best Air Compressor Under $500 Review
1. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor with 13 Piece Accessory Kit
The best air compressor that would be ideal for a five hundred dollar budget is the Craftsman Air Compressor which comes with a 13 piece accessory kit and coming with a suitable oil-free pump that doesn’t only guarantee long life but also makes sure that maintenance operation is free without costing a thing.
Weighing just 30lbs, this is a very lightweight air compressor and it isn’t just lightweight but also designed to be portable. Working with this air compressor would offer users instant recovery as well as long run time.
This air compressor from the CRAFTSMAN company comes with a six-gallon tank which helps to maximize stored air as well as portability and here is also another feature that would be of great benefit to users, it comes with a 150 PSI max which makes sure there is precise cut-in pressure and this makes this air compressor a very good option for use in various types of applications.
This air compressor is built to be reliable as even in cold weather conditions, it would still start up easily and it also comes with a one year warranty.
- Ideal for inflating bike and car tires
- Works exactly as advertised
- The included attachments make shopping easier
- Doesn’t require assembly
- Easy to use
- Ideal for home use
2. EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump, Digital Tire Inflator
The next best air compressor that would make it to our best air compressor under $500 review is the EPAuto portable air compressor which is well built to meet up with all user expectations and trust me when I say this is one air compressor that users would be impressed with its performance.
It is extremely versatile as it can be used in different types of applications including inflating tires of SUVs, Sedan, bikes and cars. It also comes with a universal valve connector that is compatible with a Schrader valve and makes it ready to use.
However, this air compressor here have applications, where it is not fit for use and such applications, including inflating tires of heavy-duty or lightweight truck tires. Its LED flashlight also makes sure that work is done effectively even in areas with poor light conditions or at night while its four display units KG/CM, BAR, KPA and PSI are all very easy to read.
One last interesting feature of this air compressor is its automatic shut off design which shuts down this air compressor when the specified or desired air pressure has been obtained. This prevents the overheating of the air compressor engine.
- Impossible to over-inflate when working with this air compressor
- Can be used in a time of emergencies
- Built to be quiet
- The metal used in making its threads got rusty quickly
3. California Air Tools 10020C Powerful Air Compressor
Just as its name implies, this is one quality air compressor that is built to run an extremely quiet operation as it is designed to run at 1680 RPM’s while producing less amount of noise as well as experiencing less wear.
What makes this air compressor to be unique is its ability to boost the duty cycle as well as ensuring longer run time and here is another exciting feature about this air compressor, it comes with a dual-piston oil-free pump system which isn’t only durable but also delivers a solid performance.
This dual-piston pump makes this air compressor suitable for use in numerous applications and thanks to its easy start valve, users would experience no problems in starting up this air compressor. Moving this air compressor around is also convenient as it comes with well-constructed wheels which makes it very easy to move this air compressor around the garage, shop or any job site.
- Its handle is designed to be sturdy
- Has no leakage issues
- Low-quality components used in its construction
- Doesn’t last long
4. California Air Tools CAT-4710SQ 4710Sq Quiet Compressor
Next up is the California Air Tools Quiet Air Compressor and this is no coincidence that another California Air Tools air compressor has found its way to our best air compressor under $500 review but instead, this shows that this company is truly concerned with making of not just quality but reliable products.
Just like the previous air compressor from California Air Tools we just talked about, this machine here is built to run a very noise-less operation which is why it is a perfect choice for homeowners and do it yourself, workers.
It isn’t prone to unnecessary wear and tears while its oil-free dual-piston pump system makes sure that this air compressor isn’t just durable but also makes sure that performs amazingly well.
Being lightweight makes this air compressor very easy to transport and if you are the type that works in a place where noise is a major concern then this air compressor is simply the machine that you need.
- Portable but powerful
- Easy to transport upstairs
- Makes less noise which makes it suitable for use in small rooms
- Setup is super easy
- Some customers were not impressed with its finish, fit and build
Check This Out – Best Solar Generator For Camping
5. Makita 2.5 HP Air Compressor
The Makita 2.5 HP Air Compressor holds down the fifth spot in this best air compressor under $500 review and what you are looking at right here is a machine built to have a quality piston, big cylinder as well as a cast-iron pump which makes sure users get that outstanding performance out of this machine as well as fast recovery time.
What users would also be impressed with is its low AMP that makes sure tipped breaker occurrences are greatly reduced while its well-lubricated oil pump reduces wear and operates at very cool temperatures.
An eye-catching feature of the Makita 2.5HP Air Compressor is its roll cage construction which makes sure that this machine is fully protected from environmental elements while its large industrial air filter makes way for better efficiency as well as boosting the intake of air. Its cast-iron cylinder can be easily removed for maintenance purposes.
- Free from vibration
- It is heavy which could put some fatigue on the hand if carried for too long
6. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak running 1-Gallon Compressor
If you want an air compressor that you would find very easy to move from one job site to another then the SENCO PC1010 one gallon air compressor holds the solution to the problem you are looking for as it is built to be portable and to also have a lightweight design.
Being portable and lightweight however isn’t the best features of this air compressor as it is also built to be powerful so as to be able to carry out every job required of it.
This is the type of air compressor that most users are impressed with judging by customer reviews as it is designed to produce about twenty to forty-four drives in just one minute.
It comes with a one year warranty which means that for a whole year, users would not be faced with any issues that would lead to damage or replacement of this air compressor and guess what, the SENCO PC1010 one-gallon air compressor is best used in home improvement and renovation jobs as well as for crafts and hobbies.
- Despite being small, this unit is incredible
- Well built and lightweight
- Very quiet
- Not a long-lasting unit
7. DEWALT DWFP55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI Quiet Trim Compressor
Here comes the DEWALT DWFP55130 Heavy Duty air compressor which is built to have a low 12 amp motor that is capable of putting an end to breaker tripping as well as providing easy startups and weighing just about thirty-six pounds, this is also another air compressor that is lightweight and compact.
Being lightweight and compact is to the advantage of every user as they would find it convenient to carry this unit around as well as encountering no issues with storage.
What many users are in love with when it comes to the DEWALT DWFP55130 air compressor is its durable oil-free pump which helps in providing a maintenance-free operation and thanks to a high flow regulator, this air compressor would put in an outstanding and impressive performance.
It is also designed to run a very quiet and noiseless operation just like other air compressors that we have talked about in this review.
- Runs quietly
- Has a solid build
- Failed to build pressure more than 50 PSI
- Its valve assembly design is defective
8. DEWALT D55140 1-Gallon 135 PSI Max Trim Compressor
Having a one-gallon capacity, 135 PSI and a 75 SCSM, this is another reliable air compressor from the DEWALT company which has an intriguing design and designed to be extremely portable and lightweight makes this air compressor not only easy to handle or carry but also easy to store.
It is built to be durable as it would withstand heavy use while its low noise design also ensures that it runs or performs quietly.
This is built to be a one-person tool that is capable of being depended on and also efficient and it comes with enough power which makes it the perfect tool for woodworkers and carpenters. It is best suited when working on plumbing lines pressure testing, cabinet trim installation, installation of furniture and shelves and many more applications.
The importance of its oil-free pump is it makes every work environment clean by preventing oil spillage while this oil pump itself ensures a maintenance-free operation.
- Portable design
- Contains lots of power
- Easy to carry around
- Suitable in carrying out small jobs
- Poor quality regulator
Trendy Post – Best Battery Powered Leaf Blower
9. Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor
We want to talk about the Viair 00088 air compressor as we draw closer to the end of the best air compressor under $500 review and this air compressor right here is one with a portable and small build which has enough power to inflate tires of 33 inches and it does this by making use of two battery terminal clamps as well as a direct battery connection.
One unique aspect of this air compressor is its gauge mounted at the top that enables users to keep an eye on the pressure.
This is one unit that can be used by any car owner and what we simply mean is that this air compressor is easy to work with as it doesn’t require any form of special knowledge before making use of it.
It is the best when it comes to maintaining and checking the air pressure in car tires therefore saving car owners the stress of always visiting the gas station to check the air pressure in their car tires. Checking tire pressure is very important as it makes tires last longer as well as ensuring safe rides.
- High-quality air compressor despite coming in a small package
- Has a long run time
- Convenient to use
- Not a durable air compressor product
- Blown fuse issues
10. Makita, MAC700, Electric Air Compressor, 2 HP, 115V
We are drawing the curtains on the best air compressor under $500 review with this impressive air compressor from the MAKITA company and this is one air compressor that features great bore and stroke, big bore piston and cylinder and all of these features come together to make sure that this air compressor delivers an outstanding and impressive performance.
This air compressor is designed to reduce the amount of noise produced substantially while having a large RPM 1720 pump ensures better displacement while at lower RPM.
One feature which this air compressor has that is lacking is some air compressors is the low amp design which prevents voltage drop and tripped breakers situations that are capable of causing motor failure.
Its pump is lubricated with oil just to make sure that it functions properly as well as cutting down on wear. It also comes with a one-year warranty backing so users would not bother about finding a replacement sooner after purchase.
- Repels wear and leakages
- Quick and easy oil changes
- Long-lasting air compressor
- Runs smoothly
- Perfect for home use
How To Choose The Best Air Compressor Under $500
There are about four different types of air compressors today and we want to talk about them below;
- Hot Dog Compressors – Just like the MAKITA brand, this type of compressors have horizontal, single tanks which are designed to sit perfectly on a stand and this simply means it can be placed on a wall where it stays out of the way while its handle makes it easy to maneuver your way around when working.
- Pancake Compressors – Just like the BOSTICH and PORTABLE CABLE compressors, these type of compressors comes with flat storage tanks firmly attached to a four rubber grip feet. This sort of design makes them stable and also their compact design makes them very easy to store.
- Wheelbarrow Compressors – These are like the California Air compressors which come with wheels that ensure adequate mobility. They also feature handles that are designed to be attached to the body of the tank.
- Twin Stack Compressors- These type of air compressors comes with two cylinders designed to be mounted on each other and the benefit of having two tanks is users would get twice the amount of air pressure an air compressor with a single tank would offer.
Our top pick in this review is the Craftsman Air Compressor which comes with 13 accessories that ensure you start working with it immediately it comes out of the box and if you know you are the type that loves working using power tools then this air compressor from Craftsman is certainly one tool that you would fall in love with.
It is designed to have a lightweight design, comes packed with lots of power and is also designed to run a noise-less and quiet operation. Other air compressors that we have talked about would also meet user satisfaction and budget.
Dont miss these models available on today’s market:
- FAST INFLATION & ADVANCED ACCURACY: High-quality materials were sourced for this tire inflator as it can pump up your car's tires with 35 L/Min, it can inflate the 195/55/R15 car tire from 0 to 35psi...
- PROGRAMMABLE INFLATION: Use the "M" button to set your desired pressure unit, and then press the "+" and "-" buttons to set the desired pressure. The air compressor will automatically shut off when it...
- PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: One-click to change pressure units among PSI, kPa, BAR and KG/CM; Large white backlight LCD screen makes it easy to read even in the dark; Equipped with integrated LED flashlight...
- WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: 3 Nozzles and Extra Fuse Included. Inflates any Schrader valve on cars, SUVs, motorcycles, and bicycles; the included accessories quickly inflate balls, air pillows,...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Easily stow the compressor away in your car or garage and it will be ready to use at a moment’s notice. Package includes 1* digital air compressor, 1* Replacement Fuse, 3*...
- ENERGIZER AIR COMPRESSOR TIRE INFLATOR – Portable Air Compressor featuring 120PSI maximum working pressure. Simply plug in the 12V DC cigarette lighter connector into your car outlet, attach the...
- THE POWER OF INNOVATION– The presetting and automatic stop function makes this portable air compressor easy and simple to use. Preset the desired pressure and the air compressor will automatically...
- ENGINEREED TO PERFROM: The upgraded metal motor components makes this Energizer air compressor run faster, stronger and quieter. Its design allows a steady air flow which prevents the unit from...
- DESIGNED FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS – The Energizer car air compressor is perfect for small cars, sedans, midsize SUVs, motorcycles, bicycles, sports equipment and many other inflatables. Its small compact...
- THE BRAND YOU CAN TRUST – Energizer is the smart, trusted and loved choice by millions of families around the world. We believe in our product and we offer the warranty that proves it “1 Year...
- You get enormous customer service support from one of the most trusted names in automotive accessories.
- The tire inflator is perfect for use indoors and during the travel as it is designed with AC and DC power cords.
- This portable air compressor comes with a pair of accessory nozzles. If you have Presta valve, you may need an additional adaptor.
- Specific characteristics: analogue pressure gauge; maximum range of pressure: 120psi; continuous working time: 30 minutes at 35psi.
- Specifications: Black woven hose (outer length): 19in (48cm). Cable length: DC - 9ft 2in (2.8m). AC - 9ft 10in (3m).(6ft longer than the Kensun Model H compressor) LpM (Liter per minute) - 18(DC) /...
- Kobalt Portable Air Compressor Inflator provides up to 120-PSI
- Perfect size to keep in your car, quickly inflates items like car, bike, ATV tires, air mattresses, pool floats
- Plugs into standard 120 volt or 12 volt power outlet
- Digital gauge displays current pressure
- Also includes 2 sport needles, 1 raft nozzle, 1 presta valve adapter
- Digital gauge to view current pressure and set target pressure
- Automatic shutoff stops the unit once the desired pressure is reached
- High-pressure and high-volume outputs
- Included Components: (1) BDINF20 Inflator, (1) Ball Needle, 1) Presta Valve Adapter, (1) Small Inflatable Adapter, (1) Large Volume Hose
You can also check out our best Best Quiet Portable Generator Review